Eakman Construction Is Hiring!
Our Residential Building and Remodeling Company is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager. The ideal candidate will harbor a passion for design and construction and devote his or her creativity to our projects. The Project Manager’s job is to oversee each project from conception to finished structure, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. You will be traveling between job sites throughout the greater Seattle area, so good transportation is a must. The position includes healthcare, phone, mileage reimbursement and competitive salary. This position is a hybrid of a Superintendent and Project Manager as you will be on site as well as performing administrative duties.
– Participate in project hand-off meeting with Project Coordinator and Production Manager to ensure you understand the project scope of work.
– Review scope of work and estimating to generate project schedule. Project schedules may be reviewed by Production Manager. Maintain project schedule.
– Notify trade partners of project schedule forecast and update regularly as project progresses.
– Maintain strong working relationships with all Trade Partners and Vendors.
– Review trade estimate and issue sub-contracts.
– Review Trade/Vendor invoicing prior to payment submission for accuracy against estimate and work completed to satisfaction.
– Write any Change Orders needed for variance from original scope of work/contract.
– Change Orders to be approved/paid by client prior to material order/work completed.
– Complete internal (variance) change orders.
– Establish product/material lead time for items selected for project and set order dates as part of the schedule.
– Inspect product/material orders at delivery for accuracy and damage.
– Maintain project daily log.
– Conduct regular project progress meetings with client. Meeting agenda with regular schedule updates, open topics, financial status to be provided to clients and a follow up with meeting notes.
– Maintain clean, safe work environment, including job site desk and OSHA requirements. This will include installation and maintenance of product/project protection materials as part of project scheduling and oversight.
– All materials to be covered and protected from weather and stored in an orderly and secure fashion.
– Weekly meeting with Production Manager for current project status, including any client issues/concerns, trade/vendor conflicts, staffing needs, invoicing, change orders, etc.
– Weekly Production Staff meeting. 4 week rolling calendar to be updated prior to staff meeting. All staffing and trade conflicts to be discussed during this meeting.
Participate in a job autopsy meeting at project completion to discuss any issues, estimate verses actual costs and general project information.
Analyze, manage and mitigate risk
Must be enthusiastic toward work, willing and able to apply new techniques and methods of productivity and time management.
– 10+ years of building and remodeling experience
– 3+ years of managing multiple projects
– Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
– Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
– Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project a plus.
– Experience with project financials and maintaining budgets
– Strong knowledge of construction materials, process and equipment
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality and professionalism.
Eakman Construction seeks a driven frame-to-finish precision lead carpenter to join its growing team.
- 5-10 years Residential Construction Carpentry Experience
- 3-5 years on site managing multiple trades such as electric, plumbing, HVAC and company staff
- Experience in high-end remodel and new build projects
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Experience with cutting-edge building practices and high performance building preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate others
- Organized with a attention to detail
- Basic computer skills and understanding of project scheduling
- Ability to work with a team and be a team leader
- Willingness to learn and teach others
- Must be able to pass a background test
- Must have own transportation and a clean driving record